Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kuliana
Member of the Great Darks

PostSubject: Help choosing   Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:51 am

While I really like my current combo i have been thinking about 2 things
1) at lvl 40 i am going to make a bisotaur template but need opinions on the best tert
2) if and when i create a MoD what classes should i choose I enjoy pets but not essential

Guerriera 25/24/23 WAR/NEC/SHM Debuffer/Tank
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:22 pm

start by the mod .... you'll have new templates with the mod quest !! then do your monster

• MoD character
-->Necrogobby necro/war/reveal lvl 100/100/100
-->Looking for every necromancer tomes and Scrolls you could have, and don't need ....

• FoL character
-->Vynils Barb/cleric/druid 7/5/0
-->Moustache Barb/shaman/bard 15/11/5

• One Of The Main Officers
• Creator of this web site

• Feel Free To Post On The Forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horde-sombre.lightbb.com
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:23 pm

For Tert, on bisotaur, do you want the strongest possible build or rather something that's more fun? For power the obvious choice is Cleric. Monk/Bard/Cleric is one of the strongest builds there is. You are also 5 levels shy of getting combat casting at that point. That's not something to sneeze at. Anyway if you want fun and like pets, there's Necromancer and Tempest for the best ones. Play single player and experiment (using /imm commands) to see what you like more.

MoD? Well, Doom Knight offers pets (not the strongest though) and the necromancer line of spells, if you like pets this one could be fun. It can also learn the Knight of Chaos skill, quite useful truthfully. Assassin gives you a way to kill enemies very quickly, but the life total is kinda low, you may want to add a combatant class to keep get your health a little higher. Finally, Necromancer has almost all the spells Doom Knight has, but learns them sooner and learns more powerful versions of those spells. After that, you just need to pick from the classes that both realms can use. I would need to know more about what you like to be able to pick for you. Do you like a focused character (one main method of winning instead of having a variety) or do you prefer a character that can do some of everything? What else do you like in a character besides pets? Do you like to Melee? Do you prefer Spell Casting? Is healing important to you? A little bit more info and it'll be easier to find something you like.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:48 am

Hmm
1) thanks Necro thats part of the reason i plan on starting MoD (i really wanna use my idea of a DMK/Mnk/? combo)
2) Benn for one thing i like melee alot but spells always come in handy. buffs are possibly my favorite but again not critical. I do like variety alot though so pure caster or combat are not high favs My few ideas are:
BAR/ASN/NEC
ASN/BAR/CLR
WAR/REV/NEC
WAR/TMP/ASN

as for my biso i have thought about :REV,TMP,CLR,SHM,DMK,NEC

are any of these MoD good? and

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:59 am

I hope that cleared up my preferences a bit

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:23 am

as for your idea of dmk/mnk/? ..... you won't be able to do it , exept as a monster (may be) ... dmk is Mod Mnk id Fol ......
in the four combos you suggested , I think that the war/tmp/asn and the bar/asn/nec are the best ones

but that's only my thoughts ... you should wait for other people to tell you their advices too !

• MoD character
-->Looking for every necromancer tomes and Scrolls you could have, and don't need ....

• FoL character

Back to top Go down
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:10 pm

oh i thought i said for the DMK/MNK i plan to use Lesser Fire Elemental Template

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:41 pm

h yes that sounds good !!!!! the lesser fire elemental is a monster lvl 7 dmk right ? Good choose ^^

• MoD character

• FoL character

Back to top Go down
Kilro
Goblin
Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:55 pm

I can't really help you much in this situation. I'm biased. I'm a tank. In every RPG I've played, whether MMORPG or just a single player RPG, I just naturally gravitate towards melee. (Especially assassins if that choice is available to me.) I can't stand kiting. Running around trying not to get too close to all the other mobs in the area while keeping track of which spells do what...too much work. Drop the gloves, let's go toe-to-toe.

That being said, I've always had some kind of self-healer. Even Kilro has leech spells with DMK. Not exactly high healing, but it's something. The FoL toons I recently started, as well as my single player toon, Have some sort of combatant/heal combo. Maybe someday I'll play a kiter/spell caster for variety's sake...but don't hold your breath. Laughing

I am coming for you...

I am Kilro. I am...

Death

ASN/DMK/REV
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/brattcave
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:31 am

For the DmK/Mnk, wait and play MoD until you unlock the Embodiment of the Lord Profane template. The difference between 170 in every stat and 700 in every stat is pretty big, definitely worth the wait. Once you get up to end game levels, you'll basically have a free 530 point bonus to all stats. Not to mention it starts out at level 60 with every Doom Knight spell that can be learned from levels 1 through 60. There are some spells that can't be bought and have to be earned, you'll be able to have those spells immediately instead of hunting the mob that might drop the scroll you need. It might take a little work to get yourself some decent gear for the DmK, but I suggest going after mobs that drop the level 40 DmK set to begin with. It's a nice start even if it isn't the most powerful available.

Oh, and Kilro? Thanks for getting me that scroll last time I was on. I can't wait for next time I can get on and can start using it. I'll probably bind myself to the EW so that I can just port to where I'll level at.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:37 am

again Benn ty i hadn't seen that template before one reason i likedelemental was its ability to fly so for my Biso i plan to try CLR and my DMK/MNK i will chose BRD,REV, or some type of buffer i hope to try all these out on SP first so i have an idea of what each looks like
P.S. Benn I have a few REv scrolls at the very high end for you and for Darwynist try tempest although you already have pets if it was a FoL i would say RNG

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:16 am

It flies? I didn't know that. Still, I'd rather lose flying (or add bard) than have the lower stats.

Just so you know, a monster starts out with all its stats set to 100 + (10 x level). For example, the Skeleton is a level 3 warrior, so it has 100 + (10 x 3) which equals 130 for every stat. The elemental you were considering is level 7, so 100 + (10 x 7) which adds to 170.

Thanks for the scrolls, which ones do you have?

As for advice on Darwynist, I can't see Tempest fitting the theme very well. It's sort of a joke character. Ever heard of Charles Darwin? Darwynist tries to further what he wrote about. I can't see a Tempest having much of an interest in that area.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 am

Ok now i am debating either sham or cleric for a biso
for my eventual DMK/MNK i still havent decided on best tert
for MoD i still have no clue i got a few ideas from Necro and Kilro so i have a few characteristics for any suggestions ppl have for me

1) ASN willl probably be in there but not definitely
2) I do want a combatant class in there most likely DMK or BAR
3) some caster/buffer type
4) i have to look at races but if possible a race that can have power wield would be nice

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:25 am

A bunch of dropped scrolls high end stuff like lvl 70 and above i think the really high phys resist is one also a hole time ill see when im on next and if your not on can i give them to your dad?
yes i have heard of Darwin i said tempest as in a connection with the elements
RNG has the tracking/animal part of everything

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:47 am

If you want to power wield, and want either DmK or Bar, you're going to have to go with Bar. Races that Power Wield are Drakken, Ogre, and Troll. Troll is very limited in available class choices, I don't recommend it if you plan to be creative.

If you go with Barbarian and want a build that does a lot of things, go with Barbarian/Assassin/Necromancer. That build is going to have Power Wielding and some tanking, (I'd actually prefer Warrior over Barbarian, and Warrior power wields also) the ability to do tremendous damage over a very short period of time, poisons, and a wide range of spells and pets, including the best DoT spells there are and the second best pet there is, the Lich. The leeches are a fun type of spell, DoT while healing simultaneously, very frustrating for the opponent.

You could change Assassin with Revealer or Shaman, both are buff classes, Shaman especially with buffs for Strength, Stamina, and Body, and the Shaman has its own set of pets, including the highest level pet there is. Higher level means the ability to wear better equipment. Shaman will also allow you to use poisons even though you aren't using Assassin. Revealer however gets you great Combat Haste and tremendous physical resistance. The ability to debuff the opponent with the Disrupted Thoughts line of spells means more damage from your physical attacks, the fact that it lowers magic resist also makes your spells hit more often, always useful with a spell caster. Finally, it can teleport, that alone is something you'll absolutely love. You have no idea how convenient it is to port your way to where ever you need to go. Also, a neat little trick (it involves a few minutes wait though) is to use your Revealer to port somewhere, then camp. When you log back in, you can switch characters to the character that actually needs to go there (as long as it's in the same realm as the Revealer) and you'll load in the zone the Revealer ported to.

Some thoughts on your MoD character.

Hole in Time and Phantasmic Manifestation? Awesome!!! Just give them to my dad and he'll pass them to me.

As for elements, those don't relate to evolution well, and a Tempest won't have an interest in evolution. I just can't see a connection, although I may pick Asn for the idea of learning a trade that helps kill off the unworthy species.

As for Ranger, that one was actually suggested by my Dad, but Darwynist is MoD, so I can't be a Ranger.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:15 am

ok power wield isnt crucial but i meant was if the build has a BaR/WAR in it then if it can then power wield i also prefer warrior but seeing as BAR is getting nerfed i thought id try it out again ASN just looks nice i thought id try it out
Also
kuliana is a REV so i know all about them
Benn from what i have said what is you opinion about a good build for me?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:43 am

actually now i need everyones opinion not just benn

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:46 am

Barbarian isn't getting nerfed, there are plans in the works to make the Barbarian a better class. It currently isn't a strong class, Warrior does the job much better and has more life, better armor and stats, and shields.

Well, if Power Wield isn't crucial, I think the classes you would most enjoy from MoD are Doom Knight, Assassin, and Shaman. You've already done Revealer so you'll probably want something new to use, and Shaman is a buffer with some nukes and DoT, and it has better pets than a Doom Knight. Doom Knight is very different from anything that FoL has, and is quite fun in my opinion. Assassin will allow some very high damage in a very short time, the DoT's will simply shorten how long the rest of the fight will last, so all in all, a pretty good build.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:56 am

OK Benn i will definetly think about that but i still hae other ideas
this is not extremly related bu i have one question do any of you think
WAR/WIZ/REV
WAR/WIZ/NEC
WAR/WIZ/TMP
WAR/REV/NEC
or anycombo of those is a good idea i have seen a few with these or similar builds i can see the nice effects of having two casters and for tempest/wiz i definetly see how the tmp resist lowering spells would nicely complement afew wiz spells but
what do you think

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:13 am

Those are all good builds as far as I can tell. An easy way to gage the general strength of a build is to look at all the classes and see if 2 or more do the same thing, any repetition in abilities will weaken the build being that what makes the next class good is what is added. Any part that is mere repetition is a wasted part of the class.

As far as I can tell, there is no repitition of skills or abilities (aside from what every class has) in those builds, so they should do fine. Being that you're adding classes that win battles only by casting spells (instead of being support classes) you'll find a tremendous improvement in terms of power in the builds once you get combat casting. Definitely milk that skill for all it's worth.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:59 pm

whichin the guild's opinion is better? combatant/nec/wiz combat/tmp/wiz or combat/nec/rev or any combo of those?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazypalpig
Dark Elf
Dark Elf

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:52 pm

A combatant/nec/rev or wiz is what I'd choose. You'd have pets, stuns/fears, nukes, duel wield, buffs... Of course, that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:20 pm

I think that with a nec/wiz you'll fast reach your 0 mana.. may be a wiz/nec or even nec/rev (a bit like me)... a wiz / nec SHOULD give more mana than a NEc/wiz ...

• MoD character

• FoL character

Back to top Go down
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:22 am

yeah to ultimate casters is a bad idea i would prefer say combatant/tmp/wiz or combat/wiz/rev

Crunch time i created a biso lord and have 5 ideas for a tert

shaman-good buffs good pets heals
tempest-ok buffs sweet pets
revealer-ports resists debuffs and buffs
cleric-heavy armor massive heals and some nice buffs
necromancer- pets spells theyre adding necro epic to monster i think and debuffs

i am completely stuck
i like my tempest and rev theyre great classes but need input for a powerful toon to aide the guild

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:24 am

You know, the most overused (because of sheer power) build in the game is Monk/Bard/Cleric. If you want power, Cleric is the way to go. Not the most creative build, but a very strong one. Not to mention the fact that Bard and Cleric buffs will make many great friends within your alliance. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help choosing   

Back to top Go down

Help choosing
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next