HomeSearchFAQRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Disgusted with with the last session online

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bluzedues
Member of the Great Darks

PostSubject: Disgusted with with the last session online   Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:48 am

There seems be an abundance of people who do not get it. I had a issue with software today that resulted in a threat to give me an enforced time out. Those that know me would find it hard to believe I know, but that is how it worked out. To add to this annoyance was some sort of requirement I guess. So.............

Later I was trying to see if i could solo a gashan patroller and began to kick on one, then I get a tell from some fellow wanting to know why I was killing their prey! Apparently the game requires looking everywhere but at the thing that could kill you before starting to attack. Needless to say both of these examples are due to the mistaken idea that you know someone's intentions online. So the question is exactly what is wrong with this picture and is it worth fixing? I am out of answers short of sending the whole damn bunch to therapy so they can work out their issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with with the last session online   Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:18 am

yesterday I get disconnected three times in 30 minutes so I didn't try to connect again ...

so BTW excuse me raffe I couldn't connect me to go with you to EW ...

• MoD character
-->Necrogobby necro/war/reveal lvl 100/100/100
-->Looking for every necromancer tomes and Scrolls you could have, and don't need ....

• FoL character
-->Vynils Barb/cleric/druid 7/5/0
-->Moustache Barb/shaman/bard 15/11/5

• One Of The Main Officers
• Creator of this web site

• Feel Free To Post On The Forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horde-sombre.lightbb.com
Theron JeAurum
Elf
Elf

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with with the last session online   Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:55 pm

I have tip-toed up to a mob I wanted to solo but wanted to get all my buffs in order, etc., and took a long time to start my attack, and someone has popped up ready to roll and started in on it. I left them alone. Not their fault I wasn't ready ... but still annoying. Maybe that was the case here, Bat.

I have also started in on a mob very close to me and then noticed that someone was already fighting it out of my field of view. When that happens I stop fighting and back out immediately, hoping not to draw agro (aggro with 2 Gs?). I have even sent /s Sorry before.

On a busy Saturday night with a server down and lag so brutal I quit after a half an hour, stupid people get even more stupid! Sorry they spoiled your game! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with with the last session online   Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:19 am

I don't know how anyone could enforce a time out of any kind unless said person is a guardian or moderator. Even so, once you explain the situation they should leave you alone. If it's a software issue it's not your fault. As for the latter situation, I wouldn't worry about it. You saw no one around when you began your attack, so this isn't a violation of any policy, thus no real punishment can be given. If the player tries to use their own "enforcement" by kill stealing or anything like that, that person is the one in violation of the policies. I see no harm in anything you did I fail to see what the problem is with the people you dealt with. You aren't omniscient so you can't be expected to automatically know that the other person some ways away is also planning to attack the mob you have your eyes on. If I find some one else reaches a mob I plan to attack before I do, I leave the mob alone, and that is what seems to be what the other player who sent you the tell should have done. Back away and leave you to it. There are plenty of other mobs available, just go after another one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with with the last session online   

Back to top Go down

Disgusted with with the last session online
Page 1 of 1