Share | 

Class Masters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Theron JeAurum
Elf
Elf

PostSubject: Class Masters   Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:39 pm

I come to the forum just about daily ... even more than once per day. I try not to post much because I'm still noobian. I learn something new every time!

Today (and recently) I read posts about people wanting to load Kilro-Mules with tomes ... except this class, or that class. Revealers will gladly offer cleric and bard stuff, but keep the Revealer stuff. And that makes sense, of course.

So I wondered if it might be helpful and logical if the Guild (long may it wave) had "Class Masters." These would be experienced and accomplished representatives of specific classes, who would maintain the armory or library of their respective specialties. The class would not have to be a primary, either.

Example: Edwood Longarrow is a 70 Ranger / 65 Wizard / 50 Plumber. He might be designated as the Guild Wizard Class Master and stockpile the spare Wizard stuff (and not just tomes and scrolls, but staves as well?). He would have first pick of items in his Class Level range, but anything he did not need would be available for "younger" Wizards. If his mules began to burst, a Lieutenant Class Master might be selected of a lower level to maintain the lower level stuff?

The Class Master might also be a very good source of answers for class-specific questions for newer guildies (or folks trying out a class for the first time, even though they have played other classes for some time).

If a player becomes weary of the duties, etc., newer guildies can be promoted into the position. The Lt. Class Master gains 15 levels, they can step up to the Class Master slot and relieve the Master of his or her duties, and hand over the lesser-class items to a new lieutenant. Et cetera.

I have no complaints about how things are now ... just thought about recent posts and wanted to share my thoughts. Good hunting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kilro
Goblin
Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Class Masters   Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:54 pm

I love this idea. I've been kinda playing around the edges with the same train of thought but on a much smaller scale. I was thinking of organizing my mules this way for the library. Have a bard mule hold bard tomes, wizard for wizzy stuff, etc. Seeing the bigger picture, I think it would be a really cool way to operate the guild. There may be some wrinkles and bumps to iron out if we try it, but I think it can work well. I claim Assassin!!

I am coming for you...

I am Kilro. I am...

Death

ASN/DMK/REV
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/brattcave
Viknor
human
human

PostSubject: Re: Class Masters   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:06 pm

This is a very interesting idea, sounds like it will work well. I will take Ranger, if you guys don't mind.

Viknor 36/35/35 Assassin/Monk/Ranger; Monster Realm
Blorgnaw 15/13/1 Shaman/Necromancer/Barbarian; Minions of Darkness

Back to top Go down
View user profile
crazypalpig
Dark Elf
Dark Elf

PostSubject: Re: Class Masters   Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:35 pm

If we do implement this, we better figure out what is to be done with the hybrid's (Rangers, paladins, and doom knights) tomes. Do the necromancers carry the DMK tomes, and cleric and druid take rangers, and cleric takes most of paladin? And I've got shaman. I'm the only shaman in the guild I think...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kilro
Goblin
Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Class Masters   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:26 pm

This is one of those wrinkles I was talking about. Also, most class specific items are soulbound as far as armor and weapons.

The idea definitely needs more thought on how to properly develop it, but I still like it.

I am coming for you...

I am Kilro. I am...

Death

ASN/DMK/REV
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/brattcave
Kuliana
Member of the Great Darks
Member of the Great Darks

PostSubject: Re: Class Masters   Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:40 am

I'll take tempest and if noone else does monk as well although all monk stuff is soulbound i think

Guerriera 25/24/23 WAR/NEC/SHM Debuffer/Tank
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class Masters   

Back to top Go down

Class Masters
Page 1 of 1