Share | 

Your toon's name ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forestorm
Leader of the guild
Leader of the guild

PostSubject: Your toon's name ?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:10 pm

I know we already discussed it, but ....
what does it mean, where does it come from ?

Forestorm : Forest (Ranger) + Storm (should took a Tempest instead of a Wizard)....
no link with Forrest Gump.... geek

And you guys ? I'm just curious.....

Forestorm Ranger/Bard/Wizard 100/100/100
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronnymc
Member of the Great Darks

PostSubject: Re: Your toon's name ?   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:44 pm

RonnyMc-

Ronny is not my real name but I was in a drafting class when i was a freshman in HS and i wore these rose tinted aviator glasses and everyone said I looked like a child molester. So then we thought of creepy man names that would fit the glasses and Ronny Mcfizer was the perfect fit. haha.. .kinda a weird story but the nickname has kind of always been around so hence-

RonnyMc
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/chicagoonfire
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Your toon's name ?   Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 am

Well, the name I choose for the forums is the japanese phrase "Demon of Shadow". (though due to grammar the literal translation is "Shadow of Demon")

As for character names, my main is Siss, referencing my sister, she was pleased with class choices, but not with the race. Razz
Next i have Benn, which wasn't very creative either, it was referencing my own name, Ben.
My next MoD toon is Darwynist, the reference there is hopefully very obvious. The class choices for that one were chosen solely for RP purposes. Doom Knights want a world where the weak perish, and the strong survive (a variation on evolution) while Druids have a strong affinity for nature, and finally, the Tempest so I can use the powers of the natural world to slay those unworthy to be a part of evolution.

Next are my monsters. I have 3 that I use most often. Demoniac Knight, an Embodiment of Lord Profane template. It's a Demon, and a level 60 Doom Knight template, so it's another name that isn't that creative.
King Minos, the Bisotaur. Anyone familiar with Greek Mythology, and the origin of the Minotaur should get the joke.
Rain of Shadow Blades (Had to add the last word as the last name) is a Wyvern. It's meant to reference the Assassin's affinity to shadows, the flying nature of the template, and finally the Assassin's and Warrior's proficiency with blades. So, basically a form of death from above by a thing that loves shadows, and blades.

Finally my FoL toons, Trakai is the first. It was a Ranger, and I wanted "Track" into the name somewhere, but when I read it, that's not how I end up pronouncing it. I just thought about ways to use the word that would sound like a fantasy themed name, and that's what I ended up with.
Carrie is a Wizard. I chose the name from Stephen King's novel of the same name. She was a telekinetic girl, that is, she moved objects with her mind, and in the end killed almost every one at her school after getting severely humiliated. (not many would enjoy having pig's blood poured all over them after being crowned the homecoming Queen)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: Your toon's name ?   Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 am

Mine are much more boring by comparison.. although I don't know why I chose it Kuliana is a deliberate misspelling of the hawaiian word "Kuleana" meaning responsibility. Anason means basically son of ana.. was originally the name of a mule that I decided to use. Pele my salakri is the name of the hawaiian Volcano Goddess.

Guerriera 25/24/23 WAR/NEC/SHM Debuffer/Tank
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canaras
human
human

PostSubject: Re: Your toon's name ?   Sun May 17, 2009 12:51 am

Canaras is "Saranac" backwards. I was drinking a Saranac, a craft beer from upstate New York, when I was trying to figure out a name for my toon. I couldn't think of anything. I started looking around my room and spelling things backwards. When I spelled Saranac backwards I thought it sounded awesome.

Hirgon is just a name I got from an online "elvish dictionary." Apparently, it's the elvish version of Peter. I'm not big on nerding out with pretend elvish stuff, but I liked the way the names sounded on the site. Oh, and there's this little bit from an LOTR wiki:

"The Red Arrow was presented to Rohan by Hirgon, an errand-rider of Gondor, in the War of the Ring. Hirgon was later found dead by the Riders of Rohan, while on their way to Gondor."

There's some good news, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your toon's name ?   

Back to top Go down

Your toon's name ?
Page 1 of 1